Voluntary Directors with Fundraising or Marketing expertise
Transfusion Music is a small vibrant organisation established in 2009 that delivers innovative programmes and products that harness the power of sound and music as catalysts for individual and community change and learning. Our current focus is on delivering engaging – fun! - workshops and courses to parents and carers of pre-school age children, teaching practical storytelling and music-led activities to improve the home learning environment and enhance family cohesion. We work in children's centres and nursery schools, bridging the gap between the formative parenting children receive at home and early years education at school. We're still at an early stage, but have successfully delivered our workshops and established a base in East London as a community interest company. We're now seeking TWO further directors to join the board and help us move to the next phase of development. These are unpaid positions and we are hoping to find someone with knowledge and skills in Fundraising and another in Marketing.
* To advise and guide the organisation, based on their area of professional expertise, in order to support its growth and development.
* To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
* To contribute actively to the board of directors' role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
* To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
* To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
* To attend quarterly board meetings and participate on sub-committee project meetings on an ad hoc basis.
* Fundraising - preferably with knowledge/experience from a funding organisation perspective. Experience in developing and implementing a successful fundraising strategy, a proven track record in raising significant levels of funding and managing relationships with high net worth individuals, charitable trusts and foundations would also be valuable. Experience in corporate, public sector and/or event fundraising would be an advantage as would be the recruitment of high profile patrons.
* Marketing - preferably with specialist knowledge of the appropriate local authority policy agenda. We are seeking someone who is able to advise and guide us on the marketing of our organisation, services and products, making the most of our currently developing website, new branding and skilled volunteers. The ideal person will be able to meet the challenge of marketing effectively to families and communities across a broad socio-economic trajectory and at the same time funders and supporters.
We are a dynamic organisation that is attracting a strong team of talent, experience and financial support. We are located at The Print House, in Ashwin Street, Dalston in East London. It has gained a reputation for being an incubator of NGO's and creative enterprises as well as hosting one of London's most fashionable roof gardens.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment