Trustee Vacancies for Arts Organisation
Drum, song and dance...
Bombo is a collective of musicians, dancers, performers and educators brought together by their knowledge and passion for Afro-Cuban traditions.
Bombo's work is inspired by the profoundly rich folkloric traditions of Afro-Cuban drumming, singing and dancing. These traditions have traveled continents and survived the raging storms of nature, politics and ignorance. They remain humble in their beauty, always finding energy and growth in their new surroundings. Cuba is the portal, but over the last twenty years these traditions have been finding new homes amongst strangers.
With unswerving dedication, inspired artists follow the tradition, maintain its existence and carry forward the story ...
Our aim is to:
- Provide opportunities for people to experience Afro-Cuban music by creating unique and regular events
- Create opportunities for musicians to develop their understanding of these traditions
- Encourage and facilitate the expression of young people through our education projects
Bombo is reforming it’s board of trustees and inviting professionals with a broad spectrum of skills to become members as we prepare to expand with exciting new collaborators. Bombo is currently an Un-incorporated Association with a constitution. It needs to reform it’s board of Trustees because of changes in circumstances. We are inviting a selection of professionals to an interim board meeting to look at reforming the management structure, attract collaborators and discuss Bombo’s future.
Trustee Job Descriptions
- Sitting on appointment and disciplinary panels
- Providing leadership for the board of Trustees
- Planning the annual cycle of board meetings setting agendas for board meetings chairing board meetings
- Monitoring decisions taken at meetings
- Representing the organisation at functions and meetings and acting as a spokesperson
- Liaising with the employees to keep an overview of the organisation's affairs and providing support as appropriate, leading the process of appraising the performance of the employees
Relevant qualifications and professional experience in Business/Managerial positions.
If you are interested in this post please send your C.V and contact details to email@example.com.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment