Trustee - Belong London
Belong London aims to prevent and reduce offending and the harm it causes in London. We use a restorative justice approach to crime which includes providing opportunities for people who have offended, people who are at risk of offending and people who have been victims of crime to tackle injustices that have happened in their lives and to play a positive role in society.
We are looking for committed, talented, energetic people with an interest in social justice and charity management to join our management committee as trustees.
Trustees duties will include:
- Maintaining the vision, mission and values of Belong London.
- Developing the long term strategy of Belong London.
- Establishing and monitoring policies to govern organisational activity.
- Ensuring that all organisational actions comply with Belong London's governing document.
- Checking that all the activities of Belong London comply with the law.
- Effectively managing Belong London's resources and funding.
- Enhancing and protecting the reputation of Belong London
We are particularly looking for people who have skills in the following areas to join our management committee:
- Restorative justice
- Facilitating group work
- Graphic design
- Web design
Trustees will need to be able to commit a minimum of 3 hours per month to their role.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment