Trustee - Age UK Leeds
Age UK Leeds is one of the leading organisations delivering services to older people in the city.
Could you be part of the Board of Trustees helping to make this happen?
As a Trustee you will:
- be at the centre of a dynamic, fast changing organisation;
- work with skilled professionals;
- help make the key decisions and set the direction to improve effectiveness;
- develop your many personal or job related skills;
- work as part of a dedicated team committed to service delivery and excellent governance in a key organisation.
You must be over 18, willing to attend Board meetings and have skills which complement those of the existing Trustees. In particular we would welcome applications from people who can offer either a background in health or social care, marketing, PR and trading or who have experience of fundraising. We want the Board to reflect the communities we serve and would welcome applications from people with disabilities, older people and members of the BME communities in Leeds.
While the position of Trustee is unpaid, all out of pocket expenses which you incur in fulfilling this duty will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in helping to make later life better for older people in Leeds please contact us to obtain an application pack from:
Age UK Leeds,
188a Woodhouse Lane Leeds LS2 9DX
Tel: 0113 245 8579
To arrange an informal discussion with the Chair of the Board please contact Susan Milnes on 0113 245 8579
Registered charity number: 504899
Company Ltd by Guarantee number: 1236909
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment