You might call it influencing, voice, advocacy or campaigning, but essentially all of these activities are about creating change. At NCVO, we're using the word campaigning as shorthand.
Through campaigning, voluntary organisations bring numerous benefits to society, including:
- addressing the root causes of social problems, not just their effects
- promoting community engagement
- contributing to stronger democracy
- helping give a voice to those without one
- securing better services in both the public and private sectors.
Find out more about campaigning
Policy and research
- Charity law and regulation
- European and international
- Giving and philanthropy
- Independence and values
- Other projects
- Public services
- What is the voluntary sector?
- Working with government
- Voluntary sector workforce
- Tell NCVO
- Getting your message across to Government
- Meet the team