Impact of Infrastructure conference at NCVO: Presentations and videos
What this event was about
The conference focused on the challenges currently facing infrastructure organisations. It was organised by NCVO and funded by the Big Lottery Fund and it took place on 25 April 2012. It included a range of organisations participating throughout the day via workshops and discussions.
- Presentation: Impact of Infrastructure by Ceri Doyle, Big Lottery Fund
- Video: What are people taking away from the conference?
- Video: How does infrastructure need to change to meet the challenges ahead?
Impact of Infrastructure: Value of Infrastructure Programme
- Presentation: Development of the Value of Infrastructure (VIP) Impact tools by Sara Burns, Director of Triangle Consulting
- Presentation: Ila Chandavarkar, Chief Officer at Menter talked about her organisations experience of using the VIP tools
- Video: How have Menter been working with VIP?
Making a difference through TLI partnerships (workshop)
- Presentation: Voluntary Action Camden’s engagement in VIP as part of a TLI partnership by Simone Hensby, Executive Director at Voluntary Action Camden
- Video: What services should infrastructure be offering?
Marketisation: the shift from supply led to demand driven (workshop)
- Presentation: An overview of the marketization of infrastructure by Rob Macmillian, Research Fellow at the Third Sector Research Centre & University of Birmingham
- Presentation: From supply led to demand driven: Responding to a changing environment for infrastructure support services by Brian Horner, Chief Executive at Voluntary Norfolk
- Video: Does infrastructure need to move towards demand driven services?
Funding for Impact: the funder’s point of view (workshop)
- Presentation: Introduction to the Funding workshop by Laura Smith, Sustainable Funding Manager at NCVO
- Presentation: Infrastructure: the Big Lottery Fund's perspective by Dan Paskins, Senior Policy Adviser at the Big Lottery Fund
- Video: How can organisations and funders work together?
- Video: Why is it important for councils to support organisations?
Implementing impact: managing change (workshop)
- Presentation: The challenges of change management and ways to address them by Donald Ritchie, Strategy and Impact Adviser at NCVO
- Presentation: Community Barnet’s experience of an organisation engaged in change by Marilyn Keats, Sustainable Development Officer at Community Barnet
- Video: Is impact a leadership issue?
Research and policy: a look at infrastructure research (workshop)
- Presentation: Overview of the workshop by Razia Shariff, Head of the Knowledge Exchange Team at Third Sector Research Centre
- Presentation: Kirsty Rowlinson, Head of Services at Community Action Hampshire, presents the findings of her research on assessing the impact of local infrastructure support on small/medium Third Sector Organisations
- Video: What are the opportunities and challenges for influencing policy?
NCVO events blog
Presentations, videos, podcasts and other content from NCVO events.