HR and employment practice resources:
- Case studies from a wide range of voluntary and community organisations, discussing a variety of employment practice issues so you can learn from the experiences of others.
- Information on hosting graduate interns and work experience placements in your organisation.
- HRBank: A collection of free sample policies and job descriptions, donated by voluntary and community organisations. These are available for you to download and tailor to your own needs.
- HR 'How to' Guides on a variety of topics, including conducting a 360 degree appraisal and avoiding redundancies in a recession.
- HR links to organisations that can help you with your queries.
- HR resources and services both by topic and region.
- Training Needs Analysis: a complete step by step guide to understanding the training needs of your organisation.
- Voluntary sector workforce: facts and figures.
- Workforce Wheel: This is an outcomes tool which aims to help organisations understand where they want to get to as they grow into their into their full potential.
- Advertise or browse jobs in the sector on our Charity Jobs pages
- Advertise or find a trustee vacancies in our Trustee Bank
- Working For A Charity run a series of training courses aimed at those who are either new to the sector or considering a move into it.
Legal package for NCVO members
NCVO has teamed up with LawWorks to provide our members with an exclusive package of legal services and information. Including:
- Free quick guide to finding free and low-cost sources of legal advice, as well as tips on getting the best value for money when you do need to pay.
- Free legal quick-query surgery - for general legal questions about employment, data protection, intellectual property or company law.
- Free legal assistance for small organisations with an annual turnover of under £500,000.
- Request assistance from a lawyer on a short, fixed project or a specific piece of legal advice (open to registered charities of any size).
By John Lees, one of the UK’s best-known career strategists. Free "Career Reboot" StudyZone course on KnowHow NonProfit
Managing staff through difficult times - course
Learn how to deliver difficult messages, deal with redundancies and develop your team on a shoestring budget with this course:
"Managing through difficult times" StudyZone course - KnowHow NonProfit.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment
- HR case studies
- HR resources
- Training Needs Analysis
- Workforce Wheel: outcomes tool
- Working for a Charity
Free HR advice service for NCVO members
All NCVO member organisations can access 30 minutes of free HR advice per month over the telephone through PEACe HR advice service from LVSC, in association with Russell Cooke Solicitors.
Access PEACe HR member's benefit (You'll need to be logged into the website as NCVO member)