Good Guide to Employment factsheets
We have compiled a number of factsheets which highlight good employment practice.
These can be a useful guide for those who have HR/personnel roles within small and medium sized voluntary and community organisations and also for those organisations which may not have dedicated Human Resources staff.
The factsheets are adapted from the 2006 edition of The Good Guide to Employment. The Good Guide to Employment has since been updated, however, these factsheets are still a useful resource for voluntary organisations.
You can also view and download all of the example templates for policies and documents found in the latest edition of The Good Guide to Employment.
- Recruitment (99Kb, .pdf)
- Types of contract (109Kb, .pdf)
- Induction and probation (106Kb, .pdf)
- Pay and benefits (117Kb, .pdf)
- Supervising staff (109Kb, .pdf)
- Discipline and Grievance (106Kb, .pdf)
- Managing Absence (116Kb, .pdf)
- Health and safety (110Kb, .pdf)
- Employee relations (110Kb, .pdf)
- Volunteers and employment (106Kb, pdf)
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment
- HR case studies
- HR resources
- Training Needs Analysis
- Workforce Wheel: outcomes tool
- Working for a Charity
Free HR advice service for NCVO members
All NCVO member organisations can access 30 minutes of free HR advice per month over the telephone through PEACe HR advice service from LVSC, in association with Russell Cooke Solicitors.
Access PEACe HR member's benefit (You'll need to be logged into the website as NCVO member)