Directory of Approved Consultants
The NCVO Directory of Approved Consultants is the essential tool to help you find the right consultants for your project.
Get the right experience, skills, and quality assurance whenever you hire a consultant.
Our Directory of Approved Consultants is a free, easy-to-use service that puts you in touch with high quality, NCVO-approved consultants.
If you’re just starting out, try our guide to finding the right consultant for your organisation. This has tips on the whole process - from whether hiring a consultant is right for you, to how to manage the selection process and assessing the impact of their work.
We also publish a printed guide of the Directory.
We insist on the highest standards of delivery from approved consultants, striving for quality over quantity. Our members tell us the Directory of Approved Consultants is the key resource when choosing consultants.
As an NCVO approved consultant you will get:
- use of the widely recognised Approved Consultants logo to use on your promotional materials.
- promoted in a printed guide which is sent to our member organisations each year and sold in our online publications shop.
- added to our searchable online directory, which is visited by over 3,500 people each month.
- featured in Essential Resources, a guide to NCVO member products and services, sent out three times a year.
Go straight to the Directory of Approved Consultants online application form
Each of the featured consultants has experience of working with voluntary sector organisations and has passed NCVO’s approval process demonstrating a commitment to providing high quality service. Approved consultants go through the approval process each year so we can be sure they are maintaining the highest standards.
Consultants are assessed against five standards
- Operational standards: NCVO Approved Consultants demonstrate a commitment to providing a high quality service and have clear policies on client confidentiality, a commitment to diversity and an established code of practice and ethics.
- Contract capability: NCVO Approved Consultants have the personnel, the expertise, and the resources to deliver a high quality service on any work they contract for.
- Delivery process: NCVO Approved Consultants plan the delivery process of each piece of work, with effective procedures and systems for achieving a positive outcome.
- Delivery and output evaluation: NCVO Approved Consultants actively seek feedback on both the process and the outcomes of their work.
- Continuous development: NCVO Approved Consultants know their strengths, are self critical, and seek to develop themselves and their services, taking into account the views of users and clients.
To find out more about the approval process contact Greg firstname.lastname@example.org.