Sample conflict of interest form
Trustees are required to declare any outside interests that may conflict with their trustee work
Conflicts of Interest
As a trustee, you are required to act in the best interests of 'X' charity. However, inevitably, trustees have a wide range of interests in private, public and professional life and these interests might, on occasions, conflict, (for example: Director of supplier or consultant to charity).
We are obliged to review any possible conflicts when preparing our annual report so ask you to supply the following details:
- Has 'X' charity made any loans to you?
- Have you, or people connected with you through family, business or another charity, an interest in a contract or transaction with 'X' charity?
- Have you or any person connected with you derived any pecuniary benefit or gain from 'X' charity?
Signed: __________________ Date: ____________
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment