Public Service Delivery
Welcome to our information, advice and comment on the commissioning and delivery of public services by voluntary and community organisations.
Approximately a third of income into the voluntary and community sector comes from the state, and well beyond that, organisations have a vital role in advocating and developing service improvements for individuals and communities.
This section will help you understand how to build good relationships, as well as steering you through the legal and policy complexities.
Our pages have been produced by the expert voluntary and public sector members of NCVO's free Public Service Delivery Network, and are written for use by both commissioners and voluntary organisations.
Public Service Delivery Network
Support, training and advice
The Public Service Delivery Network is a free peer-to-peer network for those working to transform and deliver public services. Since 2006 we've brought together our 2,300 members to discuss and develop public service delivery by the voluntary and community sector (VCS).
Our membership is open to commissioners, policy-makers, VCS, infrastructure and the private sector. The membership is central to developing NCVO's work on public service delivery and government relations.
- Join the Public Service Delivery Network
- See our latest training and seminars
- Meet our team, members, and Advisory Group
Stay up to date
- Get the latest news sign up to our monthly bulletin
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow our Public Service Delivery blog
What's in the Public Service Delivery section?
Commissioning and procurement
- Commissioning and procurement a detailed guide through legal and practical stages
Specialist policy and support
- Consortia and subcontracts
- Early Action
- Welfare to Work
- Payment by Results
- Read NCVO's latest research on policy work on public services
- View our publications and resources list
- Read about the history of the Voluntary Sector in Public Service Delivery
- Explore what is the role for publicly funded services in our society?
- Stuck on a term? Try our Public Service Delivery glossary
Anything we haven't mentioned?
If you have any further questions or requests for support contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. We're more than happy to hear from you.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment