We have a range popular 'off the shelf' training packages that can be tailored to individual requirements and run in partnership with infrastructure organisations.
We can also design tailored bespoke workshop packages, with relevant tools and materials on a range of topics. Find out more about our current training options:
Sustainable support - masterclass series
We are working in partnership with NAVCA to bring support organisations or infrastructure organisations this series of masterclass for voluntary and community sector support organisations.
In a difficult funding environment, this series of masterclasses on income diversification will give participants the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need to refresh their funding model and access new sources of income. Using a series of case studies, expert speakers and practical exercises, this series provides a valuable toolkit for building sustainable, local support for the voluntary and community sector.
- Event 1: Becoming more entrepreneurial
- Event 2: Finding the form that fits
- Event 3: Making the right connections
Workshop packages run in partnership
Our Sustainable Funding team deliver a range of popular training courses - usually in partnership with local infrastructure organisations.
- Sustainable Funding Introductory Workshop
- Sustainable Funding: Make it happen - helping organisations move from theory to action
- Sustainable Funding Train the Trainer Workshop - training support agencies to deliver our introductory workshop themselves.
- Grow Your Own...Income - a practical workshop turning trading ideas into reality
- Before Signing on the Dotted Line - An introduction to tendering and procurement
- Tendering for Better Services - a unique training event for commissioners and voluntary sector providers
- Innovation - we also offer bespoke and off-the-shelf innovation training days.
Our events are arranged into levels, depending on how much knowledge delegates have about the chosen topic. Download our events leaflet for an explanation (PDF 1.75MB).
'The day was excellent and the resources far more than met our expectations. Rarely am I so impressed by a product or service and in terms of realising your vision of unleashing the potential of the sector it really can’t be faulted'.
Jane Burns, Director of Fundraising YMCA England
If you would like NCVO's Sustainable Funding team to deliver one of these courses in your area, please contact us at sfp(@)ncvo-vol.org.uk or on 020 7520 2519.
We can design tailored workshop packages, with relevant tools and materials. Our experienced facilitators use interactive techniques to cover a range of topics, including:
- Introduction to sustainable funding
- Trading and enterprise
- Full Cost Recovery
- Loan finance
- Organisational culture
- Diversifying your income
- Contracts and Public Service delivery
To find out more about our bespoke training please contact us at sfp(@)ncvo-vol.org.uk or on 020 7520 2519.
NCVO provides off-the-shelf and bespoke training on public service delivery to the voluntary, public and private sectors. If you would like to host training us this is how it works:
- We charge a flat rate (plus expenses) for each day.
- For this fee, we adapt the training to local needs, we deliver the training and delegate packs, and provide any follow on materials delegates want
- You provide venue, refreshments, marketing. You sell the training on to delegates at prices of your choice - or for free.
Email Fiona Sheil or call 0207 520 2411 to find out more and book your training.
If you would like to talk to us about bespoke training on an issue related to public policy or public services and contracts, just email Fiona Sheil or call 0207 520 2411.
Training packages include:
Introduction to Commissioning and Procurement
This course is designed for inexperienced public sector and providers. It provides an introduction to tendering and procurement for voluntary sector organisations wanting to deliver public service contracts.
An interactive day where you’ll learn:
- how commissioning and procurement work: the full decision making process
- how to submit a tender
- understanding risks and benefits of being contracted
- effective partnership building between the sectors.
Making Effective Bidding and Procurement Processes
Designed for procurement staff and providers new to commissioning by outcomes.
A training for commissioners and service providers on best practice procurement for the delivery of outcomes. You will learn:
- the EU tendering process, principles and documents
- getting the most from tenders: outcomes, social value and evaluation
- pricing and submitting winning tenders.
This training course is run by us in partnership with long-time consultants and researchers to the Department of Health, Community Catalysts. Customised to audiences of voluntary and community sector infrastructure organsiations we cover in detail:
- Personalisation policy
- learning from national market transformation and leading providers
- how infrastructure organisations should adapt to the new era of trading and Personalisation
- effective market structures to deliver the Personalisation agenda
Read Community Catalysts ground-breaking research and practice on Personalisation.
Infrastructure organisations and networks help others achieve their mission. They have a real impact on voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations. However, it’s often difficult to describe the work and impact of infrastructure.
Infrastructure services are often one or two steps removed from the clear effects of work on the frontline. This is why NCVO's Value of Infrastructure Programme has developed new tools and training for infrastructure organisations to show their impact.
We have worked with a range of infrastructure organisations to pin down the common differences you make, and created a set of impact tools designed especially for infrastructure organisations.
Our two day training package will help you show the difference your support makes, help you better assess, improve and communicate your impact. You will be given free online access to VIP Online, a database where you can upload, track, share and compare information about your impact.
Find out more about the Value of Infrastructure Programme training.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment