Value of Infrastructure Programme
Your organisation exists to make a difference, the difference you make is your impact.
Infrastructure organisations need to be able to evidence their impact internally, to the sector locally and to funders in order to thrive.
The Value of Infrastructure Programme (VIP) was set up in 2009 to develop tools that would help infrastructure organisations better assess, improve and communicate their impact. The tools give infrastructure organisations a common language to talk about the difference they make.
The programme includes:
- Training on impact for infrastructure staff and trustees
- Introduction to a common impact framework
- Introduction to VIP impact tools
- An online tool to help organisation capture evidence of their impact
“VIP made us focus on our role as a 2nd tier organisation, our impact, rather than our partners.”
Kay Steven, GAIN
In April 2012 NCVO held a conference focused on the challenges currently facing infrastructure organisations. View all the resources on our conference blog.
Infrastructure organisations of all shapes and sizes can use the VIP tools to capture the important work they do: connecting, developing and influencing within the sector.
The VIP tools consist of impact dials which are a simple way of capturing the work you do with front line organisations, external agencies and the wider sector.
Read more about the VIP tools.
VIP Online is a database to record your impact from the dials and surveys, allowing you to easily output the data and benchmark yourself against other organisations.
Find out more about VIP Online.
Once you're able to describe your impact it becomes possible to use the information in all sorts of situations; funding bids, business planning, marketing, end of year reports and at AGMs are just some of the things organisations are already doing.
”It has produced lots of quotes for funding bids, and has been great for our own business planning and marketing.”
Tracy Dearing, North bank Forum
Register for training
Register your interest in the VIP training, so that you can more easily:
- Assess your impact and benchmark with other organisations.
- Improve your impact by monitoring it more clearly.
- Communicate your impact with content for funding applications, reports and wider communications work.
The VIP tools are easy to use and integrate into your day-to-day work. 98% of the course participants so far have reported an improvement in skills after completing the training.
You can contact NCVO by emailing email@example.com.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment