Introduction to fundraising
Organisations need to think about approaching fundraising in a strategic manner. It's important to have a plan for your fundraising efforts before looking to potential fundraising targets.
This section explores:
- Fundraising strategy essentials
Information on developing a fundraising strategy including the two essential planks of screening and shortlisting.
- Funding information services
Signposts to organisations providing general funding information, on a national, regional and local scale.
- Resources for developing strategy and improving technique
Signposts to resources for developing a fundraising strategy and improving fundraising techniques.
- Innovative approaches to funding
Looking from a funder's point of view at some of the alternatives to a traditional arms-length funding approach.
- Top advice on fundraising applications
Top ten suggestions as to what makes a good fundraising application.
We are very grateful to Simon Vincent and Barnardos CANDL Project for sharing their experience and expertise.
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment