NCVO Trustee TV: Become a trustee
There are around 180,000 registered charities in England and Wales ranging from small community groups, to household name charities that you hear of everyday. And behind every charity is a board of trustees. There are around 820,000 charity trustee positions in England and Wales governing these organisations, and thousands more management committee members for small unregistered groups.
Have you ever considered becoming a charity trustee? We asked a number of trustees to share their experiences of being a trustee. Here are a few films of what people said.
Indy Lottay shares his experiences of becoming a charity trustee
Tom Dobinson shares his experiences of becoming a charity trustee
Laura Walker Hudson shares her experience of being a charity trustee.
Polly Weddle talks to NCVO about her experiences of being a charity trustee
Jules Mason shares his experiences of becoming a trustee
Graham Allcott shares his insights about becoming a charity trustee
Interested in becoming a trustee?
- Trustee Bank: for vacancies from organisations looking for trustees and signposting to other places to begin your search for the perfect role
- Information and advice for anyone interested in becoming a trustee
- Information on the roles and responsibilities of trustees
- Trustee and governance information centre
Are you an organisations looking to recruit trustees?
- Advertise on-line on our Trustee Bank
- Look at the Trustee Bank directory for more ideas about where to advertise
- Get information on trustee recruitment and induction
Advice and support
- Funding and finance
- Coping with cuts
- Addressing needs
- Managing change
- Planning for the future
- Involving people
- Public Service Delivery
- Governance and leadership
- Compact Advocacy programme
- Campaigning and influencing policy
- Collaborative working
- ICT (information and communication technology)
- Climate change
- People, HR and employment